If you are a New Haven resident and your child will be age 5 on or before September 1, 2024, they may be eligible for Kindergarten in a New Haven Public School. If your child is a New Haven resident but will not be age 5 by September 1, 2024, you may contact the NHPS Department of Early Childhood at 475-220-1480 to discuss your child’s eligibility to enroll in Kindergarten or click the link below:
NHPS Early Childhood Consultation Form
To register your rising Kindergartener for New Haven Public Schools:
1) Click the Register button below to begin the online student registration process. Please be sure you enter your child's name the way it reads on their Birth Certificate.
2) Prepare the following materials to upload to in the student registration portal:
- Photo Identification of the Parent or Legal Guardian (Govt. issued)
- Child’s Birth Certificate.
- (2) forms of Proof of Residency:
- Rent or Mortgage Statement, Utility Bill, etc.
3) Please create a PowerSchool account and select the 2024-2025 Enrollment Form.
Once your child is registered you will receive information via email about your child’s school assignment, school entry date and important reminders including submission of your child’s health and immunization records.