In an effort to ensure that New Haven Public Schools (and the Office of School Choice and Enrollment) has the most accurate information for your child in our system, families should update their current home address any time they have moved.
You must provide appropriate documentation to update your home address.
To update your address, please provide one (1) of the following items:
- An active Lease, Mortgage or Deed with the parent or guardian’s name and primary home address.
OR, please provide two (2) of the following items:
- A Home Utility Bill (e.g. Electric, Water, Gas, Sewer, Cable/Internet) dated within the last 60 calendar days or an appropriate transfer of services from the utility provider.
- Active motor vehicle insurance, SNAP documentation or a health insurance benefits statement from the State of CT (e.g. Husky)
Any parent or guardian without a Lease, Mortgage or Home Utility Bill in their name must submit a residency affidavit completed by the adult-resident with whom they are currently residing. The affidavit must be notarized and returned to the Office of School Choice and Enrollment with proof of residency (see above requirements) from the adult-resident with whom the parent is residing. Please click the link below to access the Residency Affidavit:
Residency Affidavit- English
Families can update their home address by one of the three ways listed below.
- Via the Parent School Portal. See Guide: School Portal Change of Address Guide
- At your child’s school office. Please provide the appropriate documentation to the school’s front office staff.
- Visit the Office of School Choice & Enrollment located at 54 Meadow Street, New Haven, CT 06519, Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 3:30pm.
Once your child’s address is updated, this information will be shared with the New Haven Public Schools Department of Transportation.